Sunday, January 8, 2017

2016 Reading Recap

At the beginning of 2016, I had a list of books I wanted to read.  Some were books we already had at home, but I'd never gotten around to reading.  (Anyone else order the penny books on Amazon? That's my vice.)

I didn't get to every book on my list, and some were added along the way.  Here's a list of every book I read last year.  Most I finished, but I don't force myself to finish a book if I've read far enough into it to realize it's just not for me.


January
The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Year of Yes by Shonda Rhymes
Eat Sleep Move by Tom Rath

February
Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Yes Please by Amy Pohler

March
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (re-read)
Story Engineering by Larry Brooks
Thinking Write by Kelly Stone

April
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (re-read)
How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
Modern Library Writer's Workshop by Stephen Koch

May
Grown Up Marriage by Judith Viorst
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert

June
Micro by Michael Crichton and Richard Preston
Bossypants by Tina Fey
Roadmap by Brian McAllister, Mike Marriner, and Nathan Gebhard
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

July
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

August
One Year Off by David Elliot Cohen

September 
Feed Your Face by Jessica Wu

October
The One Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
Thinkers Way by John Chaffee

November
The Forest for the Trees by Betsy Lerner

December
The Gratitude Diaries by Janice Kaplan
The Conscious Parent by Shefali Tsabary (currently reading)
The School of Good and Evil by Soman Chainani (currently reading)


For 2017, I have a goal of reading 35 books, and I'd love to include a brief recap and review of each book once I'm finished with it.

Tell me, what were some of your favorite books from this year?  Leave a message in the comments below.  I'd love to hear from you!  Cheers to bookworming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

|| popular posts ||